Ford Transits up to 2006 and the Transit Connect van operate with a separate square shaped remote locking fob.
This type of remote has three buttons that perform the following functions
3) Unlock back and side door independently
Pressing the lock button once will lock the van, and pressing the button twice will double lock the vehicle and set the deadlock. We always recommend pressing the lock button twice as this is an added security measure, which means the vehicle will not open when the handle is pulled from the inside. This prevents thieves wedging the windows and using the old coat hanger trick.
The key used to start the vehicle can only be programmed with a diagnostic tool. If you require a replacement Ford key take a look at our Ford key section for information.
Tip from The Car Key Geek
Whilst traditionally the Transit van operates with a separate fob, it is actually possible for us to program a key with a built in three button fob like the one used for the Ford Focus.
Transit fob programming instructions
The remote can be programmed with no specialist tools utilising a manual procedure as follows:
– Insert a programmed key into the ignition
– Turn the key from the off to on position 8 times
– You will hear the vehicles locks cycle
– Press any button on the remote
– Again you will hear the locks cycle
– Turn the key to the off position and remove from the ignition
– Wait 10 seconds and test the remote
– Job done!!
We can supply and program Ford remotes and keys for all models of Ford including the Transit. If you need a Ford key or remote fob why not give us a call… We are cheaper than Ford main dealers and save you the hassle of loosing your vehicle for half a day whilst in their workshop.
Latest posts by Mark Migliaccio (see all)
- Ford Fiesta Smart Key How To Unlock When Battery Flat - November 23, 2018
- How to unlock a Toyota Yaris when the proximity key battery is dead - November 23, 2018
- How to access VW Jetta boot with keys locked inside - October 31, 2018